Summary: EJ Dalius is forthright enough in underlining wearables’ potential in helping. To detect early symptoms of Covid-19 and also other infectious malaises, along with patient monitoring.
With wearable medical devices, you can monitor, measure, and continuously evaluate patients’ and also people’s health remotely and regularly. The reactive and also traditional healthcare approach is no longer scalable. In Covid times as it adds more burden on health systems. However, with innovators introducing awesome wearable medical tools in the market, things are changing.
- You track your health metrics from the cozy confines of your home and through your Apple watch. That’s the future. You’ll find that wearable devices feature enhanced capabilities and also technical specifications in terms of data accuracy, connectivity, and also battery life.
- There are hundreds of people under quarantine in a specific region. Every person wears wearable medical stuff on their wrist to obtain their vital signs insights.
- These devices ceaselessly measure the body and also skin temperature, pulse, heart and respiratory rate, and also blood oxygen.
- All the vital health signs have a direct correlation with coronavirus. Healthcare practitioners could initiate triage, plan, and also access to targeted and feasible interventions. Whilst mitigating and measuring health risks from the spread of viruses in hospitals.
It would prevent the virus from spreading and also ensure an early diagnosis for advanced outcomes, says Eric Dalius.
Viability of the technology
The capability of wearables can make it a viable choice for consumers and also healthcare companies in the immediate future. With over 3.5 million cases in the US this August, Covid has made it crucial for healthcare. Units to diagnose the patients early on and also perform real-time health checkups while confining contact between medical staff and patients.
EJ Dalius explains why wearable technology can play a clinical role in revolutionizing the healthcare sector by helping monitor core body temperature and heart rate of patients. These are critical information.
- ABI Research reports that 30 million wearable tools have cleared shipping. And also will be with healthcare companies and also patients in 2020.
- Experts expect the number to cross 100 million within the next 4-5 years. Scores of wearables startups are assessing additional implementations of the devices and also underline their support for consumers during Covid-19.
- The last few months have shown many startups with fitness, wellness and sports tech backgrounds producing. Tweaking and also pivoting their products to prevent the progression of coronavirus.
The best wearable solutions
Built-in sensors in smart clothes enable the fast-track and also remote. Monitoring of Covid patients, eliminating any need to physically visit hospitals.
- You have healthcare firms providing washable and also comfortable smart clothes for continuous monitoring of vital signs.
- The advanced apparel can track activity, sleep quality, stress level, and ECG levels and temperature.
- Their collection entails bras, underwear, sleep masks, and also shirts.
- You also have wearables strictly to monitor respiratory problems. They enable doctors to continuously monitor Covid patients’ breathing parameters.
- You can use these devices at your home as well as at the hospital, which EJ Dalius highlights.
When you combine them with innovative algorithms, the smart sensors assist hospital staff to discern. The earliest symptoms/signs of deterioration in patients. The doctor can then take the requisite measures.